The Greater Victoria Baseball Association is proud to partner with the Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence (PISE) to create and administer a customized training and conditioning program for our high performance athletes. PISE is a world class athletic facility for Canada's national athletes and we are very fortunate to be able to collaborate with them to benefit our top athletes.
The 2010-2011 fall/winter program includes the following components:
- 3 times per year for each Athlete
- Baseline, Pre-season, and Mid-season testing periods
- Testing to include aerobic, anaerobic, speed, agility, strength and power components
- Baseball Specific Testing protocols driven by college recruitment and MLB criteria.
Functional Biomechanical Assessment:
- Muscle balance
- Core strength
- Range of motion
- Identify any potential susceptibility to injury and identify necessary interventions
Strength and Conditioning:
- Hands on coaching and technical assessment
- Baseball Specific protocols
- Exercises for improving first step quickness, linear and lateral agility and speed for base running and fielding
- Progression through the baseball season, and is developed in cooperation with their training and game cycle, ensuring continued improvement and adaptation in the athletes.
Team Nutrition Presentation &/or Cooking Demonstration
- How to fuel young athletes for success in baseball
- Healthy options for meals and snacks
- Optimum nutrient balance for training and performance
- Educational points for players and parents
- Particular attention will be given to providing proper nutrition during double-header weekends and tournaments
Sports Psychology Presentation
- Team consultations and presentation to assist the development of player’s mental skills specific to baseball
Cost of the program is $720 +HST. To register, please contact Travis Robertson at email@example.com or call 250-220-2519.